There are 2 parts to creating a PAR (Personnel Action Request):
Part 1: Create a PAR: The first steps that all PAR transactions begin with.
Part 2: Individual PAR Transaction Type: Steps vary by the type of PAR transaction being created.
This procedure is Part 1: Create a PAR. It outlines the first steps that all PAR transactions begin with. Links to Individual PAR Transaction Types (Part 2) are provided at the bottom of this document.
- A transaction must be initiated and approved by all unit approvers by the payroll cutoff.
- Draft transactions and associated attachments are deleted after 48 business hours.
- (blank) transactions and associated attachments are deleted nightly.
- The transaction's status is (blank) when it is closed without clicking Save & Submit, Save as Draft, or Delete Transaction. See the Save, Validate, or Delete a PAR step-by-step procedure for more information.
- If a transaction with a Draft, Pending, or Denied status exists, creating another workflow transaction is not possible.
- If the employee has multiple appointments with different final approvers, coordinate with the final approvers before beginning this transaction. See the PAR Final Approvers for Job Updates worksheet located in the HRRIS Job Aids for more information.
- For Temporary appointments, only Comp Rate Change, Reclassification, Transfer or Promotion, Appointment End Date, Supervisor ID or Unit PCN Change, Correction or Deletion of Data, Termination or Retirement, Additional Pay Change, DBE Change, and Add Workstudy are available using PAR.
If you are making changes to multiple employee records or PAR transactions, see the Navigate Between Multiple Employee Records/PAR (Personnel Action Request) Transactions step-by-step procedure for more information.
Employee Level Changes
- Rehire to the University/New Employment Record/Additional Appointment
- Administrative Department Changes
- Working Title Changes Only
- Person Modifier Changes
Pay Rate Changes
Other Job Changes
Correction or Deletion of Data
Leave of Absence/Reduction in Force
- Process Faculty Leave of Absence
- Process Unpaid Leave of Absence
- Process Return from Unpaid Leave or Terms Break
- Change Leave End Date
- Initiate RIF Notification