In M-Pathways, you use a Run Control ID to run reports. This document demonstrates how to:
The navigation path is different for each report. The Statement of Activity by Fund/Department report is used as an example for this procedure.
Selecting a report from the menu opens the report's Find an Existing Value/Add a New Value component.
- Use the Add a New Value page to create a new Run Control ID.
- Use the Find an Existing Value page to locate and reuse a previously created Run Control ID.
Creating a Run Control ID
- Click the Add a New Value tab.
- Type a name for your Run Control ID in the Run Control ID field.
- Click Add.
Selecting an Existing Run Control ID
- Click the Find an Existing Value tab, if necessary.
Note: Selecting the report link from the menu usually opens the Find an Existing Value page for the report.
- Click Search to view a list of your Run Control IDs.
- Click the link for the appropriate Run Control ID.
Note: If you know your Run Control ID, you can select = (equal to) from the Run Control ID conditions drop-down list and type your Run Control ID in the field.
What the Run Control ID Does
The Run Control ID is a piece of programming that saves report parameters and processing information when you initially run a report. This programming reduces the data entry you need to do to subsequently run the same or another report.
For example, let's say that you create a Run Control ID value of SOA_Fund_Dept and use it to run the Statement of Activity by Fund/Department report. The subsequent time you run the report, the Parameters page displays the saved report parameters (e.g., Fund = 52000, etc.) and you only need to change the values as applicable to the report situation. Each time you change the report parameters and successfully run the report, the Run Control ID saves those parameters.
Process Scheduler Request Page
You may use a single Run Control ID to run any report, but you will need to verify and/or change the Process Scheduler Request page values each time you run a report.
Consider establishing a distinct Run Control ID for the following:
- For reports that have unique Process Scheduler Request field values (e.g., SQR reports with a PDF Format value, Crystal with a XLS Format value).
- For each major report (e.g., Statements of Activities, Voucher coversheets).
- For use when you want to distribute a report to other users (highly recommended).
You can use an existing Run Control ID to run a particular report for the first time. In this case, the report's Parameter fields will be blank. The next time you run that report using the Run Control ID, the saved field values display.
You cannot delete a Run Control ID from M-Pathways after it's been created.