This procedure covers the three components of running reports to a window.
- Running a report to a window can only be done in the Windows operating system. Macintosh (Mac) users must use the Run a Report to Report Manager in M-Pathways procedure in My LINC.
- This procedure assumes that you have an existing Run Control ID. See the M-Pathways Run Control ID Information reference document in My LINC if you want to create a specific Run Control ID for a report.
- The Report Manager stores the reports you run (or that another user distributes to you) for 60 days in the Financials systems and 99 days in the SA/HRMS systems. You can retrieve and print a report from the Report Manager any time after it is run. See the M-Pathways Report Manager Field Descriptions document in My LINC for additional information about using the Report Manager.
- The PDF (Portable Document Format) format allows viewing and printing of reports. Although the report data cannot be manipulated, the PDF versions of some reports are designed to make it easier to interpret complex report data.
- The CSV (Comma Separated Value) or XLS (Excel) process formats can be selected if data needs to be manipulated after the report is run. The process type determines which of these format options is available for exporting the report data into Excel. Some reports do not translate clearly into CSV or XLS formats. This is due to the complexity of some report data, specifically with headings and column formatting.
- If the system doesn't display the report in a window, verify your web browser settings.
The navigation path is different for each report. The Statement of Activity by Fund/Department/Program report is used as an example for this procedure.
I. Running the Report
Find an Existing Value Page
- Click Search to view a list of your Run Control IDs.
- Click the link for the appropriate Run Control ID.
Note: If you know your Run Control ID, you can select = (equal to) from the Run Control ID conditions drop-down list and type your Run Control ID in the field.
- Confirm or type the parameters for the report (e.g., Fund value, Department value, etc.).
View Parameters Page screenshot
- Click Run
Process Scheduler Request Page
- Select the appropriate value from the drop-down list in the Server Name field based on the Process Type for the report:
- PSUNX for SQR reports
- PSNT for Crystal reports
View Parameters Page screenshot
- If more than one version of the report is listed, turn on the Select checkbox(es) for the version(s) of the report you want to run.
- Select Window from the drop-down list in the Type field.
- Select the appropriate format type from the drop-down list in the Format field:
- PDF – to view and print the report
- CSV – to run SQR reports to Excel
- XLS – to run Crystal reports to Excel
- Click OK
- A browser window opens, and the following statuses display in the window:
- Success (or Error)
- After successfully running, the report is displayed in the window for PDF format. For CSV or XLS format, a download dialog box opens with the option of saving the report to an appropraite network drive, or opening the report to view in Excel.