This procedure covers how to retrieve, run, print and save a copy of a predefined report in BusinessObjects.
Retrieve the Report
- Click the Folders tile.
- This procedure uses a UM-Maintained report located in the UM-Maintained folder. Reports can also be accessed from the Documents tile, Categories tile, Favorites section, Recent Documents section, and Recently Run section, depending on the report's settings and history.
- Navigate to the applicable folder using the Folders panel.
- UM-Maintained and Unit-Maintained reports are in Public Folders.
- Reports you have saved are in Personal Folders.
- Click the report title to open the report.
Run the Report
- Click Refresh to bring current data into the report.
- If the Prompts window displays, click the first value that needs to be changed.
- Not all reports have Prompts. If a Prompts window does not display after refreshing a report, go to step 10.
- Many reports have default Prompt values. These display in blue under the Prompt name. Change only the values that are not accurate for the data you want to return.
- Click Refresh to see a list of available values for that Prompt.
- Check and uncheck the box(es) next to the values until only the values you want included in your report are selected.
- If the list of valid values is long, you can use the Search bar to find the value(s) you need.
- Repeat steps 5-7 until all Prompts are configured.
- Click Run.
- The Refresh Document window displays while the report is generated. If need, you can click Cancel to stop the query process.
Navigate, Print, and Save the Report
- If the report has multiple pages, move your cursor to the bottom of the page to see and use the page navigation buttons.
- Click More > Print to print the report.
- Reports are printed to PDF and automatically downloaded to the default location specified by your browser.
- To save a copy of the report, click Save > Save As.
- Select a folder in My Folders.
- If a list of folders does not display, click Refresh in the Folders section.
- Saving a report to Public Folders is limited by user security.
- If needed, enter a new name in File Name.
- Click Save.